There has been some wild speculation this week about the status of the second floor/roof top space at the Bowery Hotel. After first disclosing some general facts about the room, we are now ready to share a bit more. But DBTH, how do you have more to share? We thought it wasn't open? Well, it isn't open. But they are preparing to open. Last week we happened to be given an all access tour of the space. Aren't you lucky? Let's begin.
1. The space is huge, and the indoor/outdoor quality is beyond unique for a lounge in the city.Take a minute to catch your breath. Better? Good. A bit more patience and admittance will be granted. In the meantime, may we suggest you hug a cop? We said it. Hug a cop.
2. Fungibility. This space has it. A capability to have a private party, large or small, and still be open to the public.
3. Pool tables.
4. Vintage materials, corralled from some unlikely sources. (More on this later)
5. Bars fabricated by a master European craftsman.
6. POS systems behind said bars. This baby is ready for commerce.